DO's & DONTS's OF MOVING
As most folks know, there are things you should and should not do when planning a move, with the help from The Honest Mover staff, we have compiled a list of Do's & Don't tips to help all parties to make their move a more secure one.
(1) When filled, no carton should weigh more than 60 lbs.
(2) You should not use garbage bags for packing. They tear easily and do not protect your goods.
(3) Cartons should be cushioned with newspapers or thin cloth (rags) or even towels at the bottom, between layers, at the top and in all empty spaces.
(4) Heavier items should be placed on the bottom layer and the lightest and most fragile articles should be on top.
(5) Any item that is fragile should be wrapped separately in packaging paper, paper towels or soft cloth.
(6) Small articles such as salt and pepper shakers should be wrapped in colourful paper or packed in small boxes first, so they don't get lost.
(7) Cartons should not be over filled. The tops should close flat and nothing should stick out of them.
(8) All cartons should be sealed with strong tape, masking tape or a clear tape 2 inches wide for best results.
(9) Each carton should be affixed with a labelled on the top and sides. Name the room where it should go. List all its contents, either on the carton or in a notebook for your convenience.
(10) If you are moving boxes that may be fragile please affix a handle with care sticker, and seperate from other boxes.
If you require a free quote please call our office at 905-665-0448 and we will be happy to set up an appointment to talk to you.