As most folks know, packaging your articles for a move is a very important step, with the help from The Honest Mover staff, we have compiled a list of packaging tips to help all parties involved to make their move a more secure one.
(1) If you plan to do your own packing, start well in advance of moving day to avoid the last minute packing rush and strain.
(2) Use sturdy containers or boxes for packing. It is essential to have lids on containers and boxes closed. Donít over fill the boxes preventing them to close. Make sure bottoms are secured.
(3) Identify contents of each carton you pack for easy unpacking. You can also color code for each room.
(4) Never pack articles above the top of containers. This prevents them from closing properly making it hard to stack them.
(5) Books and records should be packed on edge in small cartons, not weighing more than 40 or 50 lbs.
(6) We suggest large mirrors, glass tabletops and valued paintings be crated or left hanging in place. This way there is less chance of them being damaged while bringing out other bigger pieces of furniture.
(7) Anything of extra value such as jewelry, valuable papers, and keys should be removed by the owners.
(8) Remove heavy objects from all drawers. Clothing, towels and bedding can be left in the drawers if the customer prefers to do so.
(9) Use clean towels or tissue to pack lampshades and avoid soiling.
(10) Fragile stickers on cartons will alert you and the movers to give special attention and care to these containers/ boxes.
(11) When marking cartons, mark them on the top and the side for easy identification.
(12) In packing china, place heavy pieces on the bottom of the container, all flat pieces should be placed on edge.
(13) If moving the same day you get your keys check to find out what time.
(14) Do not pack irons or heavy kitchenware in the same container with china or crystal.
(15) Before leaving make sure you check every room, closet and garage making sure everything is on the truck.
(16) We provide wardrobe boxes on the day of the move at no extra cost.
(17) Leave furniture as it is presently in your home. This makes it safer, faster and easier for our crews to remove your furnishings from your home into the trucks, than if it is all placed in one room.
(18) We disassemble and reassemble bed, desk or any other furnishings that needs it. We aim to please our customers.
(19) To help make a move go faster you can remove mirrors from dressers, dismantle beds etc, anything that can help to make your move go smoothly.
(20) Boxes can be placed in the garage or on the main floor of the house against a wall away from the entrance used by the movers.
If you require a free quote please call our office at 905-665-0448 and we will be happy to set up an appointment to talk to you.